This instruction will be based on Bower Package Manager – following steps could be omitted and you can download all prepared package from here.
- Install node.js
- When node.js was installed open cmd and install npm
- Install bower
- cd to workspace directory (in cmd)
- Install Start Bootstrap – SB Admin 2, in cmd type:
bower install startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
- If “bower_components” directory was created – Start Bootstrap was installed!
- Download template from here (download button)
- Unpack all directories omitting bower_components directory to workspace
- Open index.html and have fun!
What is node.js?
What is npm?
What is bower?
Web sites are made of lots of things — frameworks, libraries, assets, utilities, and rainbows. Bower manages all these things for you. [bower.io]
- Template site: http://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/sb-admin-2/
- Repo: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
- All free bootstrap templates: http://startbootstrap.com/template-categories/all/
- npm vs Bower: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21198977/difference-between-grunt-npm-and-bower-package-json-vs-bower-json